Sunday, March 18, 2018

Rehabilitating Joad

I am due to have an essay published in the morning -- however through a computer glitch, the website thinks that today is tomorrow. It is already published at Rehabilitating Joad. Thanks to Martin Cohen for applying his editorial skills to my piece. Joad was very popular in his time, but he fell from grace -- and then he was (all but) forgotten. In my essay, I maintain that he shouldn't have been. He developed a moral epistemology which is both unique and substantial. OBSERVATION: It may be hazardous to state that anyone had a "unique" moral epistemology, so it will be interesting to see whether anyone can contradict that in the Comments. I do not agree with Joad incidentally, but I do think that people forgot him before they paid proper attention to his "teaching'.

No comments: