Sunday, January 14, 2018

My Impossible Dream

In November, I sent out my (draft) completed metaphysic or total philosophy to publishers -- and to famous philosophers around the world. There followed a very great silence -- apart from some brief, friendly notes in between. Tonight I received the first serious critique of a famous philosopher (an author of more than fifty books), who replied thoughtfully and carefully. Most basically, he considers that I have pulled it off: "You have clearly achieved what you set out to prove, namely that it is possible to put together a modern metaphysic." His major critique is ... not that my work is too difficult, but that it is very dense. I pack an enormous amount of original thought -- a bookshelf, he says -- into one book. OBSERVATION: This is very good news to me. I may not be quite as far as I imagine I am on my way to a completed project, but on this first response there is reason to believe that I dreamed the impossible dream, and it is coming true. Thanks to God.

POSTSCRIPT: Even my wife did not call me "jakkals" on this. She keeps me grounded by reminding me often: "'n Jakkals prys sy eie stert."

No comments: